The Many Sides of Mazatlán


They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I decided I wanted my friends and family to get to know Mazatlán a little bit, to know a little bit of what we see on a weekly basis. However, words don't always capture what I want to share. I am by no stretch of the imagination a photographer (nor editor), but I think you'll get the general idea. 

Here are 27 000 words to help you understand this complex and sometimes paradoxical city. 

Fishing boats, the Virgin Mary and VW bugs are some of the most common sites around these parts. 

Snack time is the best time to get pics of these little tikes.

A typical sidewalk in the Roots & Wings' neighbourhood.

Men fishing at dusk.

These kids love to be read stories, sleepy though they are right after nap time.

Probably the best souvenir I've found yet. 

A bit of a stormy ocean.

Enjoying some cake at a birthday party next door to Roots & Wings.

El Malecon: a sea-side walkway that spans a large part of the city.

The Baby of R&W, Giomara.

Every once and while spend a day sitting in the sand too. 

A neighbourhood close to R&W.

Justin shares his outdoor coffee with a Mexicanita.

Strange blue jellyfish that successfully stung Justin.

We just recently explored the new mall in Mazatlan.

A home down the road from the daycare.

Christian got hotwheel cars and a new outfit for his 7th birthday at R&W

A 5 am run to the local fruit market.

Justin had an opportunity through a friend to swim with sharks at Mazatlan's aquarium.  

Juliedt loves the camera. "¡A ver!"

Yuridia is not impressed with having her photos bombed.


Mazatlán.

Mazatlán.

Caught Fidel dancing.

A city bus. The drivers get creative with their decorating.

A happy stingray.

Comments

Popular Posts