My Night Light
No hay llanto
No hay mas dolor
No hay muerte...
No hay noche
No hay aflicción
No hay culpa
Conmigo estás
There is no crying
There is no more pain
There is no death...
There is no night
There is no affliction
There is no guilt
You are with me
There is pain and suffering everywhere in the world. I know that this is not exclusive to Mazatlan, and I know full well that the very city we moved from in Canada definitely has it's fair share of pain and suffering. Each of us knows what this it looks like. If not first hand, then in the lives of people in our very families, towns, and countries.
There is a heaviness that comes with this awareness of the darkness and sorrow that surrounds us. I look around the community that we are in daily here, and I don't understand. I can't understand how some of these women face abuse daily. I can't understand why these parents spend their money on drugs instead of food for their families. I hold weeping children, and it's all I can do not to break down myself.
This year, Easter holds a special message for me. Because as I was singing this song the other day, my heart cried out for these words to be true. For the people I love. For the people I see standing outside their houses everyday. For everyone. I want these incredible children to not need to cry. I want their moms to stop having to feel pain. The death that plagues all, the night full of violence or loneliness, the pain of affliction, the heaviness of guilt... I want it to end.
The beauty of this is that it will. Some day it will end. Because of Easter. Because Jesus Christ came and suffered and died so that someday, all of this nastiness could end for us if we choose it. The light of hope in a world of darkness.
Easter is so multifaceted. There are so many powerful messages and amazing things to learn, year after year. The sacrifice made by the Son of the God of the universe is not something that can really be simplified or summed up. But for me this year, I am grasping on to this one truth: Jesus' death brought us life. Life free from sorrow, darkness, violence, loneliness, hopelessness. More than ever, I want to share that. With the kids I am with everyday. With their families. With you. With everyone.
Easter is so multifaceted. There are so many powerful messages and amazing things to learn, year after year. The sacrifice made by the Son of the God of the universe is not something that can really be simplified or summed up. But for me this year, I am grasping on to this one truth: Jesus' death brought us life. Life free from sorrow, darkness, violence, loneliness, hopelessness. More than ever, I want to share that. With the kids I am with everyday. With their families. With you. With everyone.
Cuando el mundo viva en paz
Sin violencia ni maldad
Levantamos alabanza a ti Señor
When the world lives in peace
Without violence or evil
We raise praise to you Lord



Comments
Post a Comment