Spring Break! (in Yasuoka... on a budget... with a dog...)
Spring is here in Yasuoka, and with this season comes... SPRING BREAK!
Japanese students have a couple weeks off school, and come April, they will begin a new school year in a new grade. But in the meantime, they have holidays. This means that Justin has holidays too!!
I think I'm more excited than he actually is.
Due to commitments and time restrictions, we've decided to primarily spend our holiday right here in the area. That being the case, we also decided we also wanted to stick to a fairly modest budget.
Sound boring, right?
NO! Because our village is awesome.
And in case you're still not convinced... there's more!!!
I found a list online recently of 50 things a person should do in Spring. So guess what. Justin and I have decided to challenge ourselves to completing this entire list during his 2 1/2 weeks of holidays. In Yasuoka. On a budget. With our dog.
Bam.
We've decided to document this challenge for you all. Why? Partly because I'm just super excited about it, but mostly because it will give you glimpses into our life here in Japan that I might not otherwise think to write about.
So without further ado, the rules of the challenge:
1) Complete at least 45 items on the list. Wait, I thought I said 50?! Well, the truth is, given our location and access to certain resources, we feel there might be a few that are almost impossible for us to complete. So while we'll do our best, we decided to give ourselves 5 opt-outs, if need be.
2) Do it as cheap as possible.
There.
Now, for those of you who are interested, I'll add the list of challenges below. I hope to post updates at the end of each week or so, to let you know how we're doing.
Wish us luck!
Our Localised, Dog-Friendly, Budget-Happy Spring Break Challenge:
I think I'm more excited than he actually is.
Due to commitments and time restrictions, we've decided to primarily spend our holiday right here in the area. That being the case, we also decided we also wanted to stick to a fairly modest budget.
Sound boring, right?
NO! Because our village is awesome.
And in case you're still not convinced... there's more!!!
I found a list online recently of 50 things a person should do in Spring. So guess what. Justin and I have decided to challenge ourselves to completing this entire list during his 2 1/2 weeks of holidays. In Yasuoka. On a budget. With our dog.
Bam.
We've decided to document this challenge for you all. Why? Partly because I'm just super excited about it, but mostly because it will give you glimpses into our life here in Japan that I might not otherwise think to write about.
So without further ado, the rules of the challenge:
1) Complete at least 45 items on the list. Wait, I thought I said 50?! Well, the truth is, given our location and access to certain resources, we feel there might be a few that are almost impossible for us to complete. So while we'll do our best, we decided to give ourselves 5 opt-outs, if need be.
2) Do it as cheap as possible.
There.
Now, for those of you who are interested, I'll add the list of challenges below. I hope to post updates at the end of each week or so, to let you know how we're doing.
Wish us luck!
Our Localised, Dog-Friendly, Budget-Happy Spring Break Challenge:
1) Go for a bike ride
2) Shop at a farmer’s market
3) Garden
4) Have a picnic
5) Make a bird feeder
6) Fly a kite
7) Go hiking
8) Read a book
9) Have a bonfire
10) Host a BBQ
11) Have a games night
12) Play tennis
13) Wash your car
14) Have a movie marathon
15) Go to a craft fair
16) Play badminton
17) Attend a baseball game
18) Paint your nails
19) Go canoeing
20) Give your house a spring cleaning
21) Play volleyball
22) Go bowling
23) Have a day at the zoo
24) Go fishing
25) Bake cupcakes
26) Go to an outdoor concert
27) Play Frisbee
28) Shop at a flea market
29) Start a kickball game
30) Plan a camping trip
31) Go mini golfing
32) Volunteer
33) Take a painting class
2) Shop at a farmer’s market
3) Garden
4) Have a picnic
5) Make a bird feeder
6) Fly a kite
7) Go hiking
8) Read a book
9) Have a bonfire
10) Host a BBQ
11) Have a games night
12) Play tennis
13) Wash your car
14) Have a movie marathon
15) Go to a craft fair
16) Play badminton
17) Attend a baseball game
18) Paint your nails
19) Go canoeing
20) Give your house a spring cleaning
21) Play volleyball
22) Go bowling
23) Have a day at the zoo
24) Go fishing
25) Bake cupcakes
26) Go to an outdoor concert
27) Play Frisbee
28) Shop at a flea market
29) Start a kickball game
30) Plan a camping trip
31) Go mini golfing
32) Volunteer
33) Take a painting class
34) Watch the sunrise
35) Play outside
36) Go horseback riding
37) Make smoothies
38) Do yoga
39) Play with sidewalk chalk
40) Go roller blading
41) Attend a carnival
42) Start a DIY project
43) Play soccer
44) Skip rocks
45) Go to the pet store
46) Fill a sketch book
47) Play in the rain
48) Go the library
49) Visit a museum
50) See a movie at the drive in
35) Play outside
36) Go horseback riding
37) Make smoothies
38) Do yoga
39) Play with sidewalk chalk
40) Go roller blading
41) Attend a carnival
42) Start a DIY project
43) Play soccer
44) Skip rocks
45) Go to the pet store
46) Fill a sketch book
47) Play in the rain
48) Go the library
49) Visit a museum
50) See a movie at the drive in


Comments
Post a Comment