2014 Year in Review! (but not exactly...)
We've Just barely creeped into the new year 2015! Generally this is a time when we look back at the year past, celebrate the awesome things we experienced, try and mentally block out the bad stuff, and make little automated Facebook summaries to tie it all together.
In all seriousness, 2014 was an exciting year for Justin and I. It was our first full year of marriage together, and like everyone else's year, ours had it's beautiful, mountainous highs, as well as other times that challenged us in new, and sometimes very difficult ways.
When Justin and I look back on 2014 when we're old and somewhat senile, I believe what will stick out most to us will be packing up our stuff, and relocating to Mexico. Since being in Mexico together, we each have had a truckload of new experiences. So, in honour of 2014 past, I would like to share some of the "firsts" that made up this year as a result of living in Mazatlan, if you would indulge me (this is where you either stop reading, or say "okay, sweet!" and carry on). So, here we go. I call this list:
In all seriousness, 2014 was an exciting year for Justin and I. It was our first full year of marriage together, and like everyone else's year, ours had it's beautiful, mountainous highs, as well as other times that challenged us in new, and sometimes very difficult ways.
When Justin and I look back on 2014 when we're old and somewhat senile, I believe what will stick out most to us will be packing up our stuff, and relocating to Mexico. Since being in Mexico together, we each have had a truckload of new experiences. So, in honour of 2014 past, I would like to share some of the "firsts" that made up this year as a result of living in Mazatlan, if you would indulge me (this is where you either stop reading, or say "okay, sweet!" and carry on). So, here we go. I call this list:
The 'Firsts' of 2014 (as a result of moving to Mexico)
Justin: First louse. Yes, thank goodness there was only one. So far.
Lauren: First time to live outside of Canada
Justin: First time cleaning human poop off the floor (from a child, for clarification)
Lauren: First time to eat "mole"
Justin&Lauren: First time to release newborn sea turtles into the ocean
Lauren: First time to see bananas growing on trees
Justin&Lauren: First time to have a wedding anniversary (technically this would've happened regardless of location, but we feel it's a good enough highlight to include in the list anyway)
Lauren: First Mexican church service
Justin&Lauren: First time to do laundry on a washboard
Justin: First time to touch a gecko while changing a lightbulb
Lauren: First time to live with/have to kill cockroaches
Justin&Lauren: First time to see a real boa constrictor in the wild (it's dead)
Justin: First time to swim in the ocean
Lauren: First time to see a scorpion, dead and alive
Justin&Lauren: First time to see a real boa constrictor in the wild (it's dead)
Justin: First time to swim in the ocean
Lauren: First time to see a scorpion, dead and alive
Of course, there are many more. All in all, Justin and I are so grateful for the opportunities and experiences that have been presented to us this year, and especially for God's faithfulness. We have grown, learned, and had some fun, and we eagerly anticipate what 2015 has in store for us!







Comments
Post a Comment